Thursday 14 September 2017

Going the unconventional way


I was an ‘above average’ student. So, when I told my parents about my career choice of becoming a pastry chef after my graduation, as was obvious and quite natural, it came as a shock for them. Like every Indian middle class household, they wanted me to become an engineer or a doctor. And for a student who was quite good in academics, they expected their son to go the same conventional (and may I add monotonous) way as others. After little pursuing, they agreed as per my wishes. So I set on my journey to become a pastry chef. Now, one may ask what motivated me to pursue this career. Well, the reason being, my mother is an amazing baker herself and the cupcakes and pastries made by her are inspiring enough to induce others to become pastry chefs and bakers. It would not be wrong to say baking,perhaps, is in my genes.

So, continuing my story, I started on the hunt by looking at various cooking institutes in India. I also looked out for various baking and cake making institutes and academies. I had thought of pursuing a certificate course in baking and pastry making.

I looked through various bread making classes such as the bread making classes in Mumbai. However, since it was far from my hometown, I decided against it.

Finally, I zeroed in on Academy of Pastry Arts, which has its campuses in Gurgaon as well as Bangalore. The enrollees here can choose from number of bakery and confectionery courses and are taught by chefs of International and National repute. These courses cater to the needs of the middle and upper middle class people.

Academy of Pastry Arts, I learnt also uses, state of the art technology to teach the students the craft of baking and pastry making. It’s a complete hands on training.

I do think ‘The Academy of Pastry Arts ’ is the right institute to train me and help me pursue my unconventional career of becoming a pastry chef. And I advice others also to go for it who want to go the uncommon way !

No comments:

Post a Comment

BAKING TAUGHT WITH FLAIR

Baking is one art which most people think as a modern invention, but the fact of the matter is that baking has existed since a long tim...